Friday 1 March 2013

Micro quilting ...


Hello! I'm Tracy and I blog over at Dragonfly.  I am a passionate crafter, like many of the other contributors to this wonderful project, and was delighted when Emma asked if I'd like to make a tiny quilt for Mac.



It didn't take me long to pull out some boyish blues from my fabric stash and start planning. Up for the challenge of down-sizing my usual makes, I decided to recreate the quilt I made for my teenage son last year. Only this time, the 8" squares were a miniscule 1".




All 192 of the teeny squares needed trimming down for accuracy - phew!

As I played with the layout in my sewing room, I prayed that a sudden breeze from a closing door wouldn't blow all the pieces off the table!




Finally, I was ready to go and sew them all together.




I'm hoping that Mac will perhaps take a rest from an afternoon of happy fishing and lay back on the riverbank on his very own quilt.




Do keep popping by here to see how things are progressing. Or why not follow us on Twitter or Facebook. You can also donate to the auction here.

3 comments:

  1. And you found just the right fabrics too, it really looks like it could have been made by a doll quilt maker use doll scale cloth! Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that quilt is amazing. Such intricate work on a small item

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning !!! I love tiny things ...

    ReplyDelete